Downlaod and installation
Unzip “SHAKS_Setup.zip” driver file
You will find these files and folders inside after unzip the downloaded file. Please select correct version x86 or x64.
SHAKS Automatic installation.
Run "SHAKS Automatic Installation.cmd".
If previous 1.x version is already installed, uninstall will be prompted.Uninstall old version first and re-run setup command.
The main setup window will open. Follow the installation process step by step.
Put gamepad in "Windows mode" before pairing via Bluetooth.
For S2i: 200012 | S3i: 300013 firmwares and later.
* New in 2.3 version of the app, to use this feature is mandatory to update the gamepad to versions S2i: 200012 and later | S3i: 300013 and later.
You can use the SHAKS X-INPUT app (Windows) or SHAKS HUB (Android) to update the gamepad's firmware quickly and easily, no matter what mode it is in. This process DEPRECATES point 4 (kept as a reminder) **
To change the operating mode of the gamepad (except on Shaks S5i which has a dedicated switch for this function) proceed as follows BEFORE pairing the gamepad.
“LB” button on S2i, “L1” button on S3i. It is the same button, but the naming is different.The bluetooth name of the gamepad will change depending on the mode.
DEPRECATED - Put gamepad in "Windows mode" before pairing via Bluetooth.
* OBSOLETE PROCESS - Maintained as a reminder for remotes with old firmware. Follow point 3 instead if your gamepad has newer firmware or after updating **
Press “LB” button and “Select” button simultaneously for more than 5 sec.NOTE: S5i model must use slide switch to select Windows mode.
SHAKS will be change to Windows mode (leds 1 and 4 ON) and reset automatically.
* If the SHAKS game pad is already registered as a Bluetooth device on a Windows PC with D-Input (Android) mode, the above behavior is required. Since the device type ID in “D-Input mode” and “X-Input mode” are different, two different devices cannot be registered sharing the same Bluetooth MAC. Proceed like the following:
Remove SHAKS GamePad from Windows Bluetooth devices list.
Turn off and on the Bluetooth device or restart Windows.
Set gamepad to Windows Mode and pair it again with the computer.
Pair the gamepad via Bluetooth
Press and hold the “SELECT + START” buttons.
2. When LEDs 1 and 2 on the remote are flashing rapidly, release the buttons. The gamepad is ready to pair
3. Go to the Bluetooth settings of the device where you want to pair the gamepad, find the device “SHAKS Sxi XXXX” and tap on it to pair. SHAKS gamepads must be paired one at a time.
4. Execute SHAKS X-Input Program
* This program supports up to four SHAKS Gamepads. ***
5. If SHAKS is not paired, pair SHAKS Gamepad through Bluetooth or push SHAKS button to awaken it.
6. After pairing, run SHAKS X-Input app again. App will detect connected SHAKS gamepads automatically.
7. If registered gamepad is not seen, click Refresh.
8. You can minimize the application to the taskbar using the minimize button.
9. To check vibration at SHAKS gamepad, click on the Gamepad icon. Selected SHAKS Gamepad will vibrate for 3 sec.
10. Click the Gamepad icon to access Gamepad settings and “O” button functions. Click “Apply” button when done to save settings.
NOTE: The “O” button customization for Windows will only be available if gamepad has 190005 FW version or higher.
SHAKS Gamepad settings
Auto power off
“O” functions will be activated and deactivated by pressing “O” button on Gamepad.
Virtual Mouse -- Only “D-Input” mode (Android)
Android Call/Media Button
Battery icon show the status of Gamepad battery.
If new Gamepad FW is available, upgrade icon will be enabled. If you want to upgrade gamepad, plug in usb cable to charge battery.
If gamepad is not charging, you will see below message box, cancelling the update process.
If upgrade is available, you can see below upgrade window.
Click “Upgrade Start!” button to upgrade. The upgrade window will show upgrade status and it will disappear after finishing upgrade. When upgrade is done, click “Exit” button to go back to main window.
To close program, click “Exit”.